GIFT SET; Balti Bowl and 'Going For a Balti' by Andy Munro (SIGNED COPY)
Get the authentic balti bowl and a signed copy of 'Going for a Balti' by UK's leading authority on the dish and its Birmingham origins Andy Munro.
An original, unique gift for fans of curry and those interested Britain's curry heritage- cook an authentic balti and be inspired by the story of this British curry culinary staple.
Praise for 'Going For A Balti'
"A flat bottomed classic!"Tom Parker Bowles (Mail on Sunday)
"Going for a Balti" is the perfect book for anyone interested in balti. Munro takes you from its humble beginnings through the balti craze of the 80s up to present day. He explains exactly what an authentic balti is. If, like me, you love a good balti, "Going for a Balti" is a must read book Dan Toombs, The Curry Guy (Top selling author on British Indian Cuisine)
"Going for a Balti is a love letter to the author's home city and it's recent residents that have helped make it as rich and vibrant as it is today......"
"Anyone who wants to understand British multi culturalism at it's best should read this book"
"Seldom does one have the opportunity of such an insight into the birth and growth of a popular culinary phenomenon. I thoroughly recommend it. "
About our bowls
Made in Birmingham using pressed-steel, just like the original 1970s bowls which gave birth to this iconic dish. Our bowls represent an unlikely marriage; a marriage between the industry, wit and charm of England's second city to the spiced heat, courage and innovative flair of it's Pakistani immigrants.
Our bowls have been designed for professional Balti kitchens, but are equally at home being used on a gas hob, electric stove top, induction, aga and even the BBQ!
The Birmingham steel pressed Balti bowls are sent in a box, with a hand stamped authentic Balti recipe and care guide for your bowl and gift tag. A perfect gift for any curry lover.
* Designed and made in Birmingham
* Hand finished
* Cook a real Birmingham Balti at home!
* Designed to last for life
* British craftmanship at its best
* Use on gas, electric, aga, induction and BBQ
* It is estimated that one Balti contains 25 times the amount of Iron as a single pint of Guinness!*
* An authentic Balti curry typically contains half the fat of an average curry. *
* FREE P&P (*In the UK)
* This genuinely authentic balti bowl is based on the original 70's design on display in Birmingham Museum! Don't settle for imitations.
* Endorsed and designed by the UK's leading authority on Birmingham Balti (as seen in The Guardian, The Daily Mail, The New York Times)
* Used by Birmingham's leading balti chefs
* Our bowls come with a lifetime manufacturers guarantee.
* Gift Of The Year Finalist 2021!
Recognised as the Birmingham Balti experts for over 30 years.
As used by top selling curry authors 'The Curry Guy', Hari Ghotra and Misty Ricardo and leading balti chefs.
STEEL FLAME AND SPICE
Care for your bowl; These bowls are manufactured from pressed carbon steel as with all authentic baltis,which is a component derived from iron. Some discolouration is natural and cooking over a hot flame will eventually lead to the black patina beloved by Balti enthusiasts. Needless to say, these Balti bowls are best used on a natural gas flame to maximise the patina effect .
The authentic Birmingham Balti is a one pot dish- cooked and served in the same Balti dish, traditionally one bowl per person/serving. Check out our specially designed wooden stand for ease and style when serving your Balti.