NEWSFLASH! We are excited to share with you that our new and improved design is now being dispatched! A stunning upgrade on our original design for 2021! READ MORE
Our authentic balti bowls are designed and made in Birmingham using quality pressed-steel, just like the original 1970s bowls which gave birth to this iconic dish. Our bowls represent an unlikely marriage; a marriage between the industry, wit and charm of England's second city to the spiced heat, courage and innovative flair of it's Pakistani immigrants.
Designed to meet the demands of the professional balti kitchen, to last a lifetime of balti cooking, our bowls are equally at home being used on a gas hob, electric stove top, induction hob, aga and even the BBQ!
The Birmingham pressed steel balti bowls are sent with a classic balti recipe provided by a top balti chef in a mini booklet, with details about the products history, story and it's unique Birmingham heritage. A perfect gift for any curry lover, BBQ lover and home cook!
* Designed and made in Birmingham
* Made with high quality carbon steel
* Hand finished
* Endorsed and designed by the UK's leading authority on Birmingham Balti (as seen in The Guardian, The Daily Mail, The New York Times)
* Used by Birmingham's leading balti chefs
* Cook a real Birmingham Balti at home
* Use on gas, electric, aga, induction and BBQ
* It is estimated that one balti contains 25 times the amount of Iron as a single pint of Guinness!*
* An authentic balti curry typically contains half the fat of an average curry. *
* FREE P&P (*In the UK)
* This genuinely authentic balti bowl is a NEW and improved design based on the original 70's design on display in Birmingham Museum! Don't settle for imitations.
* Our bowls come with a lifetime manufacturer's guarantee.
* Gift Of The Year Finalist 2021!*****
Designed to last for life, our lovingly created bowls show British craftmanship at its best!
As used by top selling curry authors 'The Curry Guy', Hari Ghotra,Misty Ricardo and leading balti chefs.
STEEL FLAME AND SPICE
Care for your bowl; These bowls are manufactured from pressed steel as with all authentic baltis which, as a component derived from iron, some discolouration is natural and cooking over a hot flame will eventually lead to the black patina beloved by Balti enthusiasts. Needless to say, these Balti bowls are best used on a natural gas flame to maximise the patina effect . Bowls will arrive lightly oiled (veg oil)
Dimensions 215mm x 63mm
The authentic Birmingham Balti is a one pot dish- cooked and served in the same Balti dish, traditionally one bowl per person/serving. Check out our specially designed wooden stand for ease and style when serving your Balti.
The Birmingham Balti Bowl Company started as a one man mission to bring balti bowl production back to Birmingham and we've succeeded twice! Beginning as a heritage project by leading authority and author on Birmingham Balti Andy Munro to ensure the legacy of this special Birmingham curry. We are a small family run business with real balti passion, knowledge and fire at its heart!